Candida symptoms in women can differ from those found in men, and part of this is due to the simple difference in parts that can be affected. While most of these symptoms are common and experienced by many women, what’s shocking is the fact that many of them can be related to candida albicans overgrowth as opposed to other conditions. Check out this list of 10 shocking yet common candida symptoms in women!
1. Yeast Infection Connection: This type of genital malady is very common in the fairer sex, but alternative health gurus have suggested that recurrent infections of your lady parts are, in fact, caused by candida overgrowth. Yeast infection symptoms in women that are recurrent should be evaluated by a medical professional. As shocking as it may seem, these symptoms should be addressed via an anti-candida diet vs over-the-counter yeast suppressors like Canesten, because of candida being an indicator of health deterioration and potentially dangerous long term side effects.
2. Mental Maladies: Women are getting called crazy all the time based on hormone influxes and lady emotions, however there may be an underlying cause to your mood swings. Neurological symptoms can appear in women with too much candida and the effects can range from mental fogs to symptoms of a migraine headache.
3. Scaly Skin: For ladies there can never be too much lotion, but piling on cocoa butter may not help your dry skin problems if they are caused by candida. Dry skin is a very common problem, but it’s also a very common item on the list of candida symptoms in women. It’s also thought that candida can lead to chronic skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
4. Hairy Hardship: Hair loss is an interesting consideration for candida symptoms in women. While still largely unproven, there may be a link between overgrowth of this common yeastie and a lack of locks on your noggin resulting in candida hair loss. It’s also thought that the hair loss resulting from candida overgrowth can be linked to skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis on the scalp.
5. Weighing In: Candida can cause a whole slew of digestive troubles and has even been considered a culprit for irritable bowel syndrome. This can lead to unhealthy weight in either direction such as losing too much or even overgrowth of candida weight gain.
6. Monster Mouth: Sores in the mouth and even nose can be telltale candida symptoms in women. These uncomfortable mini ulcers can itch and be painful.
7. Tender Throat: Chronic sore throats and occasional swelling can also be evident candida symptoms in women. Use caution not to overlook a sore throat however as it’s also a common symptom of many illnesses.
8. Feeling Fatigu-ey: Women often exhibit feelings of being tired, especially during the monthly menses, but chronic fatigue can be one of the more common candida symptoms in women. And while a 1000 mg dose of vitamin C tablets taken twice daily may give you an extra energy boost to help you last through your stressful work day, taking it alone is not nearly enough to make the yeast offender stop messing with your health!
9. Fibro-my-candida: Alternative health experts are exploring the link between fibromyalgia and candida, and Dr. Oz even suggests antifungal treatment for people with fibromyalgia.
10. Nasal Nuisance: Chronic nasal symptoms can be a consideration for candida yeast overgrowth. Sinus infections that recur or other long lasting or recurrent sinus symptoms could be an indicator that you’re dealing with too much candida.
Many of the symptoms listed above are common symptoms of many medical conditions. As such, do not simply assume that you have an overgrowth of candida if you are exhibiting any of the above symptoms. In order to properly evaluate the likelihood of you having the overgrowth, you will need to fill out a candida questionnaire. And finally, proper medical evaluation and care is required to ensure that you do not have a medical condition that requires other type of treatment.